The Aspen Young Leaders Fellowship’s search for the inaugural cohort of Fellows in the Arkansas and Mississippi Delta region is on! The application is now live and will be open through Sunday, February 4, 2018.
A place-based, multi-site initiative, the Fellowship will look to inform the next generation of local, purpose-driven leaders in the region. Fellows will be selected based on leadership potential, not the best grades or school attendance, but signs of strong leadership qualities, behaviors, and traits. Through intensive values-focused dialogues, community-focused impact projects, and engagement with community leaders and stakeholders, the program will help selected Fellows harness this potential to affect real change in their communities.
The Fellowship is open to all young people in Phillips County, AR and Coahoma County, MS who meet the characteristics below, regardless of education or employment status.
The Aspen Young Leaders Fellowship is seeking to build a diverse cohort of 25 young people between the ages of 16-20 who have:
- Strong Understandings of Current Community Culture
- Observed and Questioned Critical Issues Facing Their Communities
- Demonstrated Ability to Overcome Obstacles
- Experience Working Successfully as Part of a Team
- Demonstrated Ability to Set and Achieve Long-Term Goals
- Exhibited Drive to Exceed Expectations
Fellows will work with world-class coaches to impact their communities in areas of personal passion through a culminating social venture project. Developing innovation skills through hands-on practice and activities, young leaders will walk away from the Summer Social Entrepreneur internship portion of the Fellowship having made real, tangible impacts in the Arkansas and Mississippi Delta region. The Summer Social Entrepreneur portion of the Fellowship is a paid internship opportunity.
Selected Fellows will:
- Become the Next Generation of Purpose-Driven Leaders in the Greater Newark Area
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Turn Ideas into Action
- Build Personal and Professional Networks
Be the change you want to see in your community – check out AYLF today!
Contact AYLF program associate Emily Dean with any questions.